Love Bites!!

Thursday, May 10, 2012 1 comments
Several weeks ago, I was amused to hear that Eric had a new little novia at the Escoleta.  He had been seen kissing a little girl named Laura.  Not knowing who, exactly, Eric's new girlfriend was, I asked about her and got mixed responses.

I decided to be a nice mommy and let Eric kiss whatever girl he liked anyway.  Still, I almost changed my mind when I heard that his new little girlfriend had been seen kissing some of the other little boys in the class.  Because of their young age, I decided to forgive the little girl for cheating on my poor little Eric.  Maybe, though, I was a bit too quick to pardon her.
A few days later Eric's little girlfriend showed her true colors.  I received a message one day on my phone that someone had bitten my poor little Eric.  His teacher was very apologetic and upset about the whole incident.  I, though, having worked with her before and knowing how vigilant she is when watching the kids, told her not to worry because it wasn't her fault.  Toddlers will be toddlers.
Taken the next day, you can see that the marks were much lighter, but still slightly visible.
What surprised me, though, was when she told me who the little villain was: of course, it was no other than Eric's little girlfriend, Laura!!!  At that very moment we decided that it was time to intervene and prohibit Eric from continuing with their relationship.
I'm pretty sure that my very sweet and handsome little boy can do better than a two timing, abusive little girl!  It also turns out that once again he wasn't the only object of her rage affection.  That very same day, she had attacked and tried to bite 3 other kids in Eric's class!
At home Eric has found some new pastimes.
First of all, he seems to like to draw on the easel that Maite brought him from IKEA on her last trip.
He also has become rather obsessed with bubbles.  At first he was always saying "bah, bah" to get us to blow the bubbles for him so that he could run after them and pop them.  Since then, though, he has actually learned how to blow bubbles by himself.  To help make that task less messy, I bought him a bubble blowing gun, but found it was a bit too complicated for him.  It does blow a lot of bubbles, though!!
He has gotten more bossy independent lately and likes to do more things by himself.  That especially applies to eating, but also applies to getting dressed and pretty much everything else.  He likes to "tell" us how he wants to do certain things.  What that means is that it takes us much longer to get anything done like get him ready in the morning.  He has to pick out a particular spoon to eat a particular yogurt with, for example, and if he doesn't eat it in the right place, he will get very angry and cry!!  He often gets upset about the clothes I choose him, and he hasn't gotten used to shorts yet so he tries to pull them down to his ankles.  He also only wants to wear his laminator shoes!!! (What will I do when the battery dies or he outgrows them!?!?!  One of the lights has gotten stuck in a slightly "on" position, so I don't imagine the battery lasting that much longer!!) :(
I ended up buying him a little table and chair, and he now has learned to sit there and eat his breakfast each morning by himself.  I have learned not to change his clothes, and let him eat in his pajamas first.  That way I don't have to change his clothes again before bringing him to school. (Yes, he's a bit of a messy eater.) What I found interesting is that he had already learned how to eat at a small table at the school because when he finished eating, he politely pushed the chair back up to the table before walking away!!
Eric blows his first bubbles by himself!!!
So, when he feels like being a good helper, he really can start to help do things.  There are many times that we tell him to pick something up or to bring something to someone, and he proudly helps us out.  Of course, there are other times that he shakes his head and tells us "Nga" which is his new, very-loved word for "No."
Seeing as how he often likes to try to help out and/or imitate us, I also bought him a kids' broom and rake.  He loves using those outside, but likes to drag both around the yard at the same time.
To show you some of the things he has learned how to do over the last couple of months, I've made a little video for you.  You can see him playing on the trampoline with his papi, at the park, drawing, eating...


I hope you like it!!

1 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Tracy's Baby Blog | TNB